This Privacy Statement protects your privacy by:
- informing you about the types of personal information British Columbia Council of Administrative Tribunals collects about you;
- how the information is collected;
- the general purposes for which the information is collected;
- the types of organizations to which the information is disclosed;
- the means by which individuals may limit the use and disclosure of information collected;
- assuring you that British Columbia Council of Administrative Tribunals has:
- reasonable precautions and procedures in place to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction;
- reasonable policies and procedures in place to ensure that your personal information is kept only for the purposes for which it has been gathered;
- reasonable procedures and measures in place to ensure that we have accurately and completely recorded the personal information you have provided;
- provides you reasonable access to your personal information as well as procedures for correcting or modifying that information where appropriate; and ensures accountability to individuals who believe that British Columbia Council of Administrative Tribunals has not complied with these privacy principles;
- empowering you to choose whether and how certain personal information you provide is used (where such use is unrelated to the uses for which you originally disclosed it); and whether and the manner in which a third party uses certain personal information you provide (where such use is unrelated to the uses for which you originally disclosed it).
By email – firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail – P.O. Box 97196, Richmond Main Post Office, Richmond, BC V6Y 4H4
BCCAT – means British Columbia Council of Administrative Tribunals
Personal Information means any information about you except your name, business title, business address, business e-mail address, business telephone number or business facsimile number. It also does not include your home address and telephone number if these are published in a telephone or other directory.
Third Party Contractors – means our trusted vendors and partners who are responsible for handing some of the personal information we receive, such as the providers of products or services relating to your membership or participation in a course or conference.
Your Personal Information
Purpose of Collecting Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used by us to provide you with the following services:
- providing information about current and future services of BCCAT and its member tribunals;
- to provide you with updates and information regarding services that we and our member tribunals have to offer and which we think will be of interest to you;
- to assist us with collection or litigation in the event of non-payment or other form of default by you.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
When you apply for membership, register for a conference, register for a course, or if you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect some or all of the following personal information:
- your name, address and telephone number
- e-mail address and facsimile number
- your occupation
- financial and credit information about you
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
If there are legal requirements relating to the period of time which we must retain your personal information, we comply with those requirements. In the event the personal information we collect is not used by us, or if a year has passed since that information will have reasonably last been required or used by us to make a decision, then we are required to destroy, or otherwise delete, such personal information. Other than as stated in the preceding sentence, we shall retain your personal information as long as we believe that such retention is necessary for legal or business purposes.
Sometimes We Have To Share Your Personal Information With Others
We do not sell your information to third parties. We may disclose your personal information where we are required or permitted by law to do so.
Security of Your Personal Information
Your personal information is used by us only for the purposes identified above and access to your personal information is limited to those service providers of BCCAT who need to have access to it.
We are responsible for the personal information under our control and we have designated a Privacy Officer who is responsible for our compliance with this policy and with privacy legislation.
Accountability of BCCAT Agents and Business Partners
Our trusted vendors and business partners are responsible for processing or handling some of the information that we receive. These vendors and business partners are not authorized by us to use such information for purposes beyond those specified by us to you and are required to preserve the confidentiality with which we treat such information.
Your Access to Your Personal Information
You have a right to see the personal information which we have about you.
Most of the personal information which we collect is necessary for us to provide you with membership in BCCAT or to register you for a course or conference. Similarly, we may disclose your personal information as described above in order to provide any services related to your membership or enrolment in a course or conference.
At any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions, you may request that personal information which you believe to be inaccurate be corrected, withdraw or change your consent to our use of your personally identifiable information, or request us to delete it from our files by contacting our Privacy Officer as described above.
You have the ability to correct or change certain information in our records, such as your address and contact information. You may change this information at any time and as often as necessary. If you need assistance or have questions about correcting information, you may contact our Privacy Officer via e-mail at email@example.com, or by postal mail at P.O. Box 97196, Richmond Main Post Office, Richmond, B.C. V6Y 4H4.
Questions? Concerns? Complaints