Your Expertise is Needed Now!
BCCAT serves its membership through volunteers from the administrative justice community. This is one of BCCAT’s strengths as it ensures that all education programs best suit the membership. Your expertise and ideas are welcome and appreciated, whether sitting on the Board of Directors or on a Committee.
Steers and manages the development and administration of BCCAT’s courses, workshops and custom training, including:
- Develops marketing plans for course offerings;
- Develops strategic plans for new course offerings for Board approval;
- Ensures sufficient supply of trained course instructors;
- Develops and upgrades course content;
- Manages relationship with clients for custom courses;
- Manages relationship with the Justice Education Society, who delivers registration and classroom services for course offerings.
Committee Chair: John Mayr
Attracts nominations to the Board of Directors at BCCAT’s Annual General Meeting, seeks replacements for any vacancies during the year and may solicit membership for BCCAT committees.
Committee Chair: Shannon Salter
Communication, Outreach and Membership Committee
Implements communication strategies to expand membership and participation in BCCAT training and other offerings, including:
- Develops and leads outreach initiatives which support BCCAT’s strategic plans;
- Expands BCCAT’s membership and explores new membership structures;
- Prepares BCCAT’s semi-annual newsletter;
- Enhances BCCAT’s website.
Committee Chair: Kirsten Pedersen
Policy and Research Committee
Researches and develops policy content for the Board on overarching sector issues, including:
- Policy papers on issues such as effectiveness and fairness in the administrative justice system;
- Conflict of interest and conduct guidelines;
- Independence and accountability of tribunals.
Acts as the Board’s liaison with Government policy departments on administrative justice issues. Recommends to the Board policy responses to issues affecting the administrative justice sector.
Committee Chair: Julie Gibson
Annual Conference Committee
Plans and manages BCCAT’s annual education conference.