Ministry of Attorney General
This position is located in Richmond until March 2019 when the office will move to downtown Vancouver.
Registrar and Executive Director
$87,600.00 – $114,100.00 annually
The Property Assessment Appeal Board is an independent, quasi-judicial administrative tribunal. It is the second level of appeal for property assessments throughout the province. The Board is known as one of the most progressive tribunals in Canada in the application of dispute resolution techniques to resolve the vast majority of appeals. It was the first tribunal in Canada to adopt Online Dispute Resolution and continues to be an innovation leader. The Board is challenged with a high volume of appeals representing approximately $47 billion in annual property value disputes.
The Registrar/Executive Director reports to the Chair and is the Chief Financial Officer for the Board, responsible for the financial management of a $1.4 million budget.
The Registrar directs the Board’s registry and makes procedural determinations including the dismissal of appeals. The Registrar is responsible for managing all Human Resources and five administrative staff. This role also negotiates MOUs and manages relationships with partnership organizations, including responsibility for the operational aspects of the Surface Rights Board which is supported by the Property Assessment Appeal Board. The Registrar resolves assessment appeals using alternative dispute resolution and case manages a portfolio of appeals.
The Registrar is accountable for the Board’s Information Management Systems, ensuring the Board continues to develop leading-edge technology. In conjunction with the Chair, takes a leadership role in innovation and policy initiatives including managing complex, multi-organization initiatives and Stakeholder relations.
Qualifications for this role include:
- A post graduate degree from a school of recognized standing, in a related area such as law, business administration, public administration or other related discipline.
- Senior management experience including three years experience in a managerial role supervising staff.
- Experience managing large budgets (in the order of $1 million+) and managing contracts.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in:
- Administrative law and tribunal or quasi-judicial work.
- Leading and supporting the development of multifaceted projects, including innovation and Information Management Systems.
For more information and to apply online by January 11, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/56220