Director, Policy and Appeal Management
Employment and Assistance Appeal Tribunal
Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction
$87,600 – $114,100.25 annually (effective July 1, 2018)
Bring your legal expertise and leadership skills to this unique opportunity.
The Director, Policy and Appeal Management, reports to the Tribunal Chair and is responsible for providing leadership and direction to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Tribunal. Three administrative staff and the Manager, Appeals report to the Director who develops key internal policies, process and procedures to ensure the effective, smooth and efficient operation of the Tribunal. As such, the Director oversees a 1.7 million dollar budget and is responsible for human resources. This role ensures the Tribunal is in compliance with the Documents Disposal Act and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and responds to requests under this Act. Another key aspect of this role is managing various contracts and exploring and leading and implementing new programs as necessary as well as ensuring software solutions remain current and have sufficient technical support.
Qualifications for this role include:
- A law degree from a school of recognized standing combined with three years of legal experience.
- Management experience including three years’ experience in a managerial role supervising staff.
- Experience managing a budget and managing contracts.
- Experience in managing a number of diverse and complex projects.
- Experience drafting policy, briefing notes, correspondence and reports.
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience in administrative law and tribunal or quasi-judicial work.
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience working in a unionized environment
For more information and to apply online by July 19, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.