2019 BCCAT Annual Education Conference
BCCAT’s Annual Education Conference, “Administrative Decision-Making in the Modern World”, is quickly approaching.
The 2019 BCCAT Conference will take place on Monday, October 21st at the River Rock Resort in Richmond, BC. You will want to be a part of this conference with The Honourable Marshall Rothstein C.C., Q.C. as the Keynote Speaker and with sessions that cover a wide variety of topics, such as:
- An Opening Plenary on Dunsmuir Revisited
- Public Accountability Measures for Administrative Tribunals
- A robust Administrative Law Judges Panel let by Mr. Justice Groberman
- Cultural Competency
- Debate on Dissents/Minority Decisions by multi-member panels
And workshops such as:
- Evidence: Admissibility? Relevance? Weight? Facts versus Opinions.
- Ethical Issues for Part-Time Tribunal Members
- Access to Justice “Triple Aim”: current government initiatives
Join your colleagues from a broad spectrum of administrative tribunals and regulatory bodies as we share, learn, and build together at this important annual event. Registration will be open very soon and you will want to take advantage of the early bird registration special price of $550 for BCCAT members that will expire on September 16th.
BCCAT is excited to announce that this year the CBA, BC Branch is a promotional partner with BCCAT and CBA members will be receiving the same early bird member special as our BCCAT members. Welcome CBA members!
Are you outside of Vancouver or unable to attend in person? Then attend remotely via live webinar and still receive CPD credits!